Friday, March 10, 2006

English Classes


The team has really enjoyed helping in the English classes. Laura, as she insist we all call her, made sure that everyone on the team participated in at least two classes. Even the ones who were intimidated and said that they weren't "English people" enjoyed the classes. Some of the classes they taught themselves, others were casual conversation classes, and others they helped whoever was teaching the class. They have all done a great job in the classes and have all had a fun time with them as well. The first few classes many of them were nervous and not sure if they wanted to do it. They did it anyway and came out talking about how much fun it was and began to encourage the others who had not yet been in a class. In the evenings we would all sit around the table talking and laughing about what when on in our classes. They all loved to share their stories and experiences with teaching English! It has been such a blessing having the team here. They provide so much excitement and encouragement to my days. They have all been a great help and boost for me, and I am sure Jasmyn as well. The students have all enjoyed it too. They have had a great time interacting with the team and they love to practice their English and talk to Americans. The kids classes have been loads of fun as well. The kids loved having more Americans in the class, and the team all thought they were adorable. We are all enjoying the trip and God is continuing to challenging lives among the team and among the Czechs!

Don't forget to go to my link if you want to see more pictures: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mark.1615/my_photos
You can also visit this link by clicking on "Czech pictures" on my sidebar

3 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Zealot said...

hey buddy, sorry I wasn't able to talk yesterday. We've had a weird baseball schedule this week and we were actually practicing at that time. Hope things are going awesome for you and I'm looking forward to hearing about everything next week. You're in my prayers always! Love you, bud! -Davey

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,
So good to hear updated accounts of how everything is going there. The students who have returned (and Dr. Black) have wonderful things to say about the trip.
Blessings on you over and over and over again as you continue to feed on Him and His plans for your life.
We miss having you around!
Dr. Betty A. Mealy

PS I want you to come to the very next TEFL class that I teach and tell the students all about your experiences.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Aaron said...

Hey buddy, we have been praying for you a lot. I know you have been a great leader to the team as they were there. I also know that this time period now that the team is gone will be a difficult time of discouragement. We will increase our prayers for you. I love you a lot. I am so proud of you. You have become a great man of God and He will continue to use this time to draw you closer to himself. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home