Monday, April 03, 2006

God is working!

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted anything. I have had a really skewed schedule the last couple of weeks and have been busy with my honors project. Hopefully I will get back into the habit of keeping you all updated.

I have more exciting news! God has really been working in the lives of teens here at Majak. Katrina, another teen, accepted Christ this week! She has been to Majak some before. She started coming more frequently about a month ago because she is Martin's girlfriend. He became a Christian about a year ago and he has been bringing her to youth on Mondays. She met with David Ospaly this last Wednesday and she accepted Christ as Savoir and Lord! She is the second teen to come to the Lord in the past few weeks and I think the fifth in the past year. God is really working in the lives of the teens here. Some of the other teens are becoming more interested in knowing about God and I am excited about becoming more involved with the teens when English classes are over. Don't get me wrong I will miss the English classes and I have enjoyed them, but I would really like to have more time with the teens.

Last Wednesday we also had an English party. We try to have a special event once a month for the English students. This one was a trivia night in the Coffee shop. We had a great evening and they all enjoyed it. Between rounds Olivia and Jasmyn sang a few songs for them and the students even asked them afterwards if they had a CD. After one of the rounds I shared my testimony and talked about why I was in Czech. It was a great opportunity to share my heart and to present the Gospel to them. They all seemed to be paying close attention and looked interested. I hope that they understood and that God will be able to use what I shared with them. When they heard I grew up in Zambia they wanted to hear stories from Africa. So I had fund telling stories about lions and elephants and snakes and all that good stuff. After the program the students stayed for about 45 min just talking and hanging out with us. We all talked and laughed and simply had a great time. As a result of that evening three of them attended the International church service on Sunday night! They said they liked it but had a hard time following along at times. So we told them that the service in the morning is similar but in Czech, and they seemed interested. So hopefully, and pray, we will see them next Sunday morning!

I have much more to write but I am running out of time, so hopefully I will tell you more later in the week. I also hope to send out a prayer letter via email by the end of the week. There I said it so now you can keep to it. In the meantime you can be praying that God will bless our last two weeks of classes. Also that he will give me wisdom on which relationships I should continue to pursue after classes and how to best do that. Thanks for all your prayers and I hope to tell you more soon.

3 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for another soul being added to the kingdom of God.
My sister is now in church and growing in the Lord. Mark I am not sure if you recieved the Email that I sent you a few weeks back or not. In late June early July of 1994 I was in Zambia Africa doing missions work with Footsteps Ministries and Love Botswana Outreach Ministries who had brought a Teen Mania team up. I stayed in Livingstone and we did some ministry in Songwe village. This summer my wife and I will be heading to South Africa and Botswana on outreach for 2 weeks.

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to read the news of Katrina accepting Christ as her Savior! Yeah! Our Czech team is meeting every Wednesday at 12:10 to continue praying for you all in Czech. Now we will have another thing to rejoice about! Thanks for the update. Our group still has a passion for all the teens at Majak. Love you, Mom

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Jennie Darden said...

That's awesome to hear that people are accepting Christ. Keep on working hard there Mark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home